- Jeff Schultz goal was the first in his NHL career. It only took him all of 44 games to get it. Congrats to Jeff.
- Matt Bradley scored his first career shorthanded goal. He blasted a slap shot from the top of the left wing circle past Toronto goalie Andrew Raycroft.
- Alex Ovechkin is on a streak of 4 consecutive multiple point games. In the 4 games he has 4 goals and 5 assists for 9 points.
- In addition to Schultz, Matt Bradley, Boyd Gordon, Matt Pettinger, and Brian Sutherby all scored their first goals of the season last night.
- Six Capitals recorded multiple point nights; Michal Nylander (3A), Bradley (1G, 2A), Ovechkin (2G), Gordon (1G, 1A), Pettinger (1G, 1A), and Viktor Kozlov (2A)
- The power play scored 2 times on 5 chances and the penalty kill did not allow a goal in 5 attempts.
- Olie Kolzig had a strong outing with 32 saves on 33 shots including a sprawling glove save 1-on-1 against former Cap Bates Battaglia.
- The Caps were out shot by Toronto 33-30 and won only 24 of 55 face-offs.
- For the season the overall goal differential for the Capitals is +1. Last season after 11 games it -3. A modest improvement.