- Semyon Varlamov stopped 23 of 24 shots in the loss. He has a 8-7-3 record with a 0.927 save percentage and a 2.18 goals against average. The number just don't match the record.
- The penalty killers once again did the job allowing no goals in 2 Atlanta attempts. The penalty killers have now killed off 52 of the last 54 shorthanded situations they've faced. That's a 96.3% kill rate!
- Alex Ovechkin and Brooks Laich had the net dialed in with 8 and 7 shots on goal respectively.
- The team put 36 shots on goal with 7 of those coming on the power play. They also had 20 shots blocked and another 10 missed the mark. That's a total of 66 shots with no goals.
- Get some rest boys. we need you to come back and score some goals.