- Eric Fehr, the #2 star of the game, had 2 goals on 3 shots and contributed 2 blocked shots on the defensive end.
- Washington as a team blocked 16 Pittsburgh shots and have averaged as many in their last 8 games. The team is 5-1-2 in those 8 games.
- Marcus Johansson, Nicklas Backstrom, Mike Green, Jason Chimera and John Erskine each had 1 assist in the game.
- The Penguins finished the game with no goals on 4 power play attempts. The Caps have not allowed a power play goal in their last 4 games and have allowed only 1 in the last 27 attempts.
- Scott Hannan was +1, as was Jeff Schultz.
- Alex Ovechkin led the Capitals with 6 shots on goal and had a goal disallowed for incidental contact with the goalie.
- Karl Alzner and John Carlson the rookie defense pairing for the Caps played primarily against Pittsburgh's top line led all Caps in ice time and allowed no goals against, 3 hits and 2 blocked shots. Not a bad effort from the rookies.