- Semyon Varlamov was named the #1 Star of the Week by the NHL and played an exceptional game stopping 37 of 38 shots but would definitely like his final save back.
- Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin took 16 shots on goal between them. Ovechkin and Semin still have not broken out of their offensive funks from December. The two have combined for 15 points in the 16 games since December 1st.
- The Caps penalty kill continued its strong play stopping all 3 Tampa extra man advantages. The Caps have not allowed a power play goal against in their last 5 games and just 1 in the last 8.
- Mike Green led the Caps in ice time with 23:21 and had 4 hits, 1 takeaway and 1 blocked shot.
- John Carlson and Karl Alzner continued to shut down the oppositions top line holding Steven Stamkos, the NHL's second leading scorer, to just 4 shots on goal and no points.