- Mike Knuble got the primary assist on the Ovechkin goal. It was his 500th career NHL point and he becomes the 396th player to reach that milestone in league history.
- For Ovechkin, he picked up a goal and a secondary assist on the Green power play goal. It was his first point on the power play in his last 18 games. This is the main area that Washington needs improvement. The team went 1 for 3 on the night.
- The penalty killers continue to come up big. The stopped all 4 Florida attempts and have not allowed a power play goal against in their last 6 games.
- Semyon Varlamov started in net and picked up his 8th win of the season. He stopped 25 of 27 shots and the team has allowed 2 or fewer goals in 8 straight games.
- Washington has really stepped up the defensive effort with another 18 blocked shots against Florida. John Carlson led the way with 3.
- David Steckel, once again, was a beast in the face-off dot. He won 13 of the 17 draws he took. He is 64.2 % effective on the season good enough to lead the NHL. Nice job.