- Congratulations to Nicklas Backstrom. His assist on the Ovechkin goal was the 300th point in his career. Backstrom has been coming on as of late with 5 assists in his last 6 games.
- Michal Nuevirth started the game in net. He gave up 1 goal on 8 shots and left after the first period with a lower body injury. Semyon Varlamov came on in relief and took the overtime loss after stopping 20 of the 22 shots he faced.
- There was only 1 power play in the entire game and it belonged to Philly. The Capitals penalty killers did their job well. They killed off the penalty without allowing a shot on goal.
- Alex Ovechkin scored his 16th goal of the season and broke a personal 3-game scoreless streak.
- Marcus Johansson and Jason Chamira each had 1 assist in the game.
- Jeff Schultz was +1.