- Matt Hendricks scored for the second consecutive game and buried his shootout attempt with another fake, deke move like the one he used on the breakaway goal in Toronto.
- Alex Ovechkin was all over the ice but just couldn't get the puck to bounce his way. On several occasions he lost the puck in stick handling moves and his shots were right at the goalie for the most part. On the power play he generated momentum and looked to be in the prime scoring area and he chose not to shoot and passed up a golden opportunity. I think he needs to think less and react more.
- Scott Hannan picked up his first assist as a member of the Capitals. His drop pass to Marcus Johansson allowed the center to pick up Hendricks heading to the net.
- The power play was 0 for 2 on the night but the penalty kill was 2 for 2 and have moved back up to #2 in the rankings.
- Braden Holtby deserved better but I do know what he will be working on this off season. In 8 games the rookie is 4-2-2 with a 0.908 save percentage. Not bad.