- The Capitals were out shot in the game 35 to 27. In their last 6 games the Caps have been out shot by a combined 212 to 176.
- John Carlson and Karl Alzner were again called upon to take on the oppositions toughest line. They more than held their own with a combined 37 minutes on ice, +3 rating, 3 blocked shots,1 takeaway and 1 assist.
- Semyon Varlamov took the loss stopping 31 of 34 shots and the team allowed the first empty net goal against since December 28, 2009.
- The Capitals dominated the face-off dot winning 38 and losing 18. Nicklas Backstrom went 19 for 24 and David Steckel won 8 of 9.
- Marcus Johansson scored his third goal in three games. The rookie is playing his best hockey of the season and has 6 goals and 4 assists for 10 points in 32 games.
- Matt Hendricks scored his 5th goal of the season. Backstrom, Carlson, Boyd Gordon and Brooks Laich each had 1 assist.