- Michal Nuevirth stopped 22 of the 23 shots he faced for his 15th win of the year. It was the third time he defeated the Senators this season.
- Brooks Laich ended his lengthy goal scoring drought with his 9th goal of the season.
- The Capitals dominated the face-off dot once again, winning 43 of 62 draws. Nicklas Backstrom 13-6, Boyd Gordon 8-0 and Mathieu Perrault 7-4 led the way.
- The Capitals converted on 1 of 2 power plays and did not allow an Ottawa power play goal in 2 attempts.
- Backstrom, Karl Alzner and David Steckel each had an assist.
- Alzner had a solid game with 19:50 of ice time, 1 assist, +2 rating, 1 hit, 1 takeaway and 3 blocked shots. Alzner briefly had to go to the dressing room after being boarded in the third period. The Capitals scored on the power play and Alzner was back after regaining his wind.
- Washington blocked 15 Ottawa shots in the game. It was the 14th consecutive game with double digit blocks.