- Marcus Johansson had the first two goal game of his career. He connected for the Capitals first goal off a nice rush up ice from Brian Willsie, to Johansson, to Brooks Laich and back to Johansson for the finish. His second goal was a goalmouth stuff in of a loose puck. Matt Hendricks collected the puck in the right wing corner and through the puck to the net where Johansson pushed the puck in to tie the game at 3-3.
- Mike Knuble scored on a wrist shot after Alex Ovechkin drew 3 defenders and make a nice pass hitting Knuble in stride on the right wing circle.
- The Capitals were out shot 41 to 33 in the game. 10 of Florida's shots came on the power play.
- Washington defenders blocked 22 shots with Eric Fehr leading the team with 4 on the night.
- Mike Green and Nicklas Backstrom each picked up 1 assist.
- In the OT loss Michal Nuevirth stopped 37 of 41 shots but without his effort it would have been much, much worse.