- Tom Poti scored his third goal of the season with assists from Matt Bradley and Tyler Sloan.
- Tomas Fleischmann scored his eighth of the season on the power play off some really nice passing from Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom. For Ovechkin it was his first career point against the Sharks. He has now scored points on every team in the NHL.
- The Caps were in the box way too often. They gave up goals on 2 of 6 San Jose power plays. The Caps scored on 1 of 4 attempts.
- Brent Johnson had a tough night in the net stopping 21 of 28 shots.
- The team combined for a total minus-19 rating in the game. Jeff Schultz took the worst of it with a minus-4.
- Who knows what the stats guy in San Jose was watching but the Caps were credited with 49 hits to the Sharks 28.