- Alex Oveckin had 4-points on the night (1 goal, 3 assists). It was the 5th consecutive game he's had mutiple points and scored a goal. In the 5 games he has racked up 6 goals and 8 assists. He now has 161 career assists, that ties him with Dmitry Khristich for 23rd on the Capitals All-Time List.
- Tomas Fleischmann opened the scoring with a deflection goal on the power play. Fleischmann has goals in three consecutive games.
- Mike Green, Nicklas Backstrom, Matt Bradley and David Steckel also scored goals for the Caps.
- The Caps out shot the Ducks 33-32 but were bested in the face-off dot 34-29.
- Jose Theodore stopped 28 of the 32 shots he faced including all 11 in the second period.
- Viktor Kozlov had a very effective game picking up an assist on Backstrom's goal. He was recognized as the game's #3 Star.
- Micheal Nylander picked up 2 assists in the game breaking a 5-game pointless streak.
- Matt Bradley picked up the game-winning goal. It was the 4th in his Capitals' career.