- Alexander Semin gained a share of the NHL points lead with the assist on Ovechkins goal. Semin has had at least a point in 12 of the Caps 14 games this season.
- Ovechkin's goal was his third of the season and he has now scored on 55 different goalies in his career.
- Eric Fehr scored his first goal of the season and it turned out to be the game winner. In his career he has 4 goals and 2 of those are game winners.
- 11 of the 18 Capital skaters recoreded points in the game. Poti, Green, Fehr and Ovechkin with goals and Erskine, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Laich, Semin, Steckel, Schultz and Brashear got an assist each.
- With 4 penalty minutes in the game, Brashear became the 42nd member of the Capitals to accrue 300 penalty minutes with the team. He has a long way to go to catch Dale Hunter who collected a whopping 2,003-minutes in penalties.
- Johnson stopped 34 of 36 shots he faced and improved his record to 4-1-2 on the season. Johnson was named the NHL's Third Star for his performance last week.