- Alexander Semin's two goals gives him 84 in his career and he moves ahead of Jaromir Jagr into 29th place on the Capitals All-Time Goal Scoring list. The last goal was also his 12th game-winner in his career.
- Alex Ovechkin did not score a goal but had the primary assist for all 3 Caps goals. Ovechkin registered a team-high 7 hits.
- The Caps failed to score on 3 power play attempts. The Caps did not allow Carolina to score with the man advantage in 2 attempts including 1:03 of 5-on3.
- The Caps did very well in the face-off circle winning 35 of 55 draws (64%).
- Sergei Fedorv scored his 4th goal of the season and reached a milestone with his 3,900th career shot on goal.
- Three Caps D-men recorded assists: Jeff Schultz, Tom Poti, and Mike Green.
- Donald Brashear put a beatdown on Wade Brookbank in a second period fight.