Shop for Washington Capitals Gear at Shop.NHLcom!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Vote Alex for Richard

While I was scanning the interweb for hockey news, I stumbled across a poll on the Canadian website Slam Sports. The poll asked who would win the Richard Trophy this season. Being the trophy for most goals in a season, I naturally thought to myself Alex Ovechkin or possibly Danny Heatly. The choices were Ovechkin, Heatly, Jarome Iginla, Sidney Crosby, Vincent Lecavalier (last seasons winner), and Ilya Kovalchuk. I plugged in my Alex Ovechkin vote and the results popped up. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the results:

Sidney Crosby
30%
Alex Ovechkin
28%
Dany Heatley
22%
Vincent Lecavalier
8%
Jarome Iginla
8%
Ilya Kovalchuk
4%


Are the voters in this poll watching the same NHL as the rest of us? In Crosby's two seasons he has failed to break the 40 goal mark in both. Scoring fewer goals last season then he did in his rookie season. The rest of the players on the list have had at least one 50 goal season with Heatly going for his third straight. I know the NHL is really pushing Crosby as the best player in the league and the next great one but lets have a little reality check here. Like the Caulder Trophy in 05-06 the Richard Trophy is not one he is destined to win. So I ask you the readers of this humble Blog, vote for Alex Ovechkin and put some reality back into the hockey world. Here's the link:

Slam Sports

The poll is in the middle of the page about halfway down, and Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Add This