- Michal Neuvirth was the #1 Star of the game and finished the series stopping 140 of the 148 shots he faced. He sports a 0.946 save percentage and 1.38 GAA. Not bad for a rookie.
- Alex Ovechkin got the series clinching goal and an assist on the Mike Green score. In the five games he put up 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points and led the team with 23 hits.
- Green was the only player to register points in all 5 games. He was second on the team in scoring, behind Ovechkin, with 1 goal and 4 assists for 5 points.
- The penalty killers stopped both New York power plays in Game 5 and allowed only 1 power play goal against in 20 chances in the series. That's a 95% kill rate. Not bad at all.
- The Rangers lead the regular season in blocked shots. In the series the Capitals blocked 104 shots to the Rangers 103. Karl Alzner and Jeff Schultz led the Caps with 15 blocks each in the five games.
- As he did throughout the series Boyd Gordon led the Capitals in the face-off dot. He won 12 of the 15 draws he took in Game 5 and was 69% effective in the five games.
- And finally hats off to Alexander Semin and Jason Chimera who came through in the Game #1 overtime and the Game #4 double overtime wins.