- Semyon Varlamov stopped 31 of 33 shots for his 11th win of the season.
- Alex Ovechkin had another 3-point night with a goal and 2 assists and has registered 29 points in his last 21 games. That's an average of 1.38 points per game which is a little higher than his career average of 1.30 points per game. I think Ovie is definitely back.
- Brooks Laich and Nicklas Backstrom each had 2 assists each while Boyd Gordon and Jeff Schultz had 1 apiece.
- The Capitals blocked 24 shots in the game led by John Erskine who had 6 on his own.
- Sean Collins playing in his third game of the season got his second career goal and his first game winner.
- The Caps were 2 for 4 on the power play while the penalty killers were successful on 3 of 4 Florida power play attempts.
- Schultz was +1.