- Michal Neuvirth stopped 32 of 35 shots in his first playoff loss. He has now given up 4 goals on 82 shots he's faced for a 0.951 save percentage.
- Alex Ovechkin continues to score and dish out the punishment. He finished Game #3 with 1 goal, 1 assist and a team high 5 hits.
- The Capitals were out shot 35 to 25 in the game and were not good in the face-off dot. Only Boyd Gordon who won 11 of his 16 draws was above 50%. These are two areas the Capitals will need to address in Game #4.
- Jason Arnott and Mike Green contributed 1 assist each in Game #3 and have 3 points apiece in the series.
- It was a rough game for the young defensemen John Carlson and Karl Alzner. Carlson had 2 penalties and Alzner was on ice for 2 of New York's 3 goals. On the plus side the duo combined for 5 hits and 2 blocked shots.
- After putting up 53 blocked shots in the first 2 games the Caps only managed 11 blocks in Game #3.