- Alex Ovechkin finished the game with 1 goal 2 assists for 3 points along with 7 shots on goal, 1 cross bar and 4 hits. This sounds like a normal Ovechkin stat line.
- The Caps scored on both power play attempts in the game. The power play has been working at a rate of 20.8% (5 for 24) in the last 9 games. Good timing for this part of Washington's game to come around. The penalty kill was 1 for 2 and has killed 25 of 27 (92.6%) in those same 9 games.
- The Caps did better in the face-off dot splitting the draws 35 apiece. Boyd Gordon and Brooks Laich lead the Caps winning 20 and losing 10.
- Nicklas Backstrom had 3 assists in the game, John Carlson had 2, and Alexander Semin, Marco Sturm, and Brooks Laich each had 1.
- Scott Hannan and Jeff Schultz each had 4 blocks each of the team's 18.
- Sean Collins was called up from Hershey to fill in on the back line and his stats showed nothing in 14 minutes of work which is exactly what the team needed. Overall a good effort for an AHL D-man thrown into the middle of an NHL playoff race.