- For the second straight game Mike Knuble recorded 3 points. He had 1 goal and 2 assists and for the 8th consecutive season hit the 20 goal plateau.
- Marcus Johansson scored the tying goal and, along with Jason Chimera, assisted on the Knuble goal in the first period.
- Washington went 1 for 2 on the power play with Dennis Wideman scoring his first goal as a member of the Capitals. The Caps penalty killers did the job by not allowing a goal on 3 Philly power plays.
- Michal Neuvirth stopped 29 of 33 shots for his 24th win of the season.
- In his second game back from injury Nicklas Backstrom got back on the score sheet with a goal and an assist.
- Brooks Laich and Scott Hannan each had 1 assist in the game.
- In the shootout Matt Hendricks, Backstrom and Alexander Semin all beat Brian Boucher for a 3-2 win in the tie breaker.
- The Caps are now 36-0-3 this season when they score 3 or more goals.