- Michal Neuvirth was the game's #1 Star with his 4th shutout of the season.
- Mike Knuble had a three point night with two goals and an assist on the Jeff Schultz goal.
- It was the first career game-winning goal for Schultz who hadn't dented the twine since February of 2010.
- The Caps stopped all 4 New Jersey power play but drew no penalties against the Devils. This was the second time this season that Washington failed to have at least 1 power play.
- Alex Ovechkin had a two assist performance but was held without a shot on goal for only the 4th time in 469 games.
- Washington recorded only 12 shots on goal in the game led by Knuble's 4 shots and Schultz's 2. No one else had more than one.
- John Carlson had two assists and Dennis Wideman had one.
- Marcus Johansson, Ovechkin and Knuble were all +3 for the game.
- For the Capitals the 3 goal mark is very telling. The team has scored 3 or more goals in 38 games this season. In those games the Caps have a record of 35-0-3.