- Jason Arnott, who was acquired by the Capitals on Monday, has delivered with an assist and the game-winning goal in two games for Washington.
- Alex Ovechkin picked up 2 assists in the game for his 18th multi-point game of the season.
- The Capitals killed off all 3 St. Louis power plays and went 0 for 1 with the man advantage.
- Without the services of David Steckel, the Caps won 30 of the games 59 face-offs with Boyd Gordon doing the bulk of the work winning 12 and losing 9.
- Michal Neuvirth set a Capitals rookie record with his 21st win on the season. Bob Mason won 20 games in his rookie year for the Capitals back in the 1986-87 season. Neuvirth made 25 stops on 27 shots.
- Brooks Laich, Mike Knuble, Matt Hendricks and Alexander Semin each had one assist in the game.
- As a team the Caps blocked 22 St. Louis shots. Scott Hannan and Karl Alzner each had 4 apiece.