- Jason Chimera had an excellent game. Not only setting Johansson's goal but also scored the second power play goal in the third.
- Nicklas Backstrom scored the first power play goal in the third period. Alex Ovechkin and Brooks Laich assisted on the play. For Ovechkin it was career point number 555 tying him with Bengt Gustafsson for 5th place on the Capitals All-Time Points Scoring list.
- Michael Nuevirth stopped 31 of 35 shots and 1 of 2 in the shootout for the overtime loss.
- The Caps went 3 for 7 on the power play but were on the penalty kill for a long time. They killed 8 of 9 chances including 1:00 of 5-on-3 and 1:48 of 4-on-3.
- Eric Fehr and Tomas Fleischmann were much more engaged in this game combining for 1 goal, 1 assist, and 11 shots on goal.
- Other players that picked up points included Brooks Laich with 2 assists along with Matt Bradley, Matt Hendricks, and Alexander Semin who each had 1.