- Brooks Laich had 2 goals and an assist giving him 200 points in his NHL career. All his points coming in a Washington jersey. Laich becomes the 37th member of the Capitals to score 200 points with the team.
- Alex Ovechkin assisted on the first Laich goal and the Knuble marker giving him 272 assists with the Capitals and tying him with fellow countryman Sergei Gonchar for 11th Place on the Capitals All-Time Assist list.
- The Capitals power play went 1 for 4 on the evening and has gone 8 for 21 in the last 5 games. However, the penalty kill has dropped off a bit allowing 4 goals in 19 chances in those same 5 games.
- Mike Green had an interesting night. 2 assists, 2 hits, 1 blocked shot and a fight. Not Bad!
- Alexander Semin, Karl Alzner, and Tyker Sloan picked up 1 assist each.
- Micheal Nuevirth stopped 25 of the 28 shots he faced for his 9th win of the season.