- Bourque scored a goal with just about 6-minutes remaining in the third period to send the game into overtime. Alzner assisted on the play as well as assiting on Chris Clark's goal to open the scoring. It was Alzner's first points as a member of the Capitals.
- Alex Ovechkin and Mike Green scored the other goals for the Caps. Milan Jurcina, Alexander Semin, Michael Nylander, Eric Fehr, and Matt Bradley also had assists.
- Jurcina played a very physical game recording 3 hits and a plus-3 rating.
- Jose Theodore had a workout in net stopping 40 of 44 shots on goal. He made several unbelievable saves followed by some pedestian misses.
- The team allowed 1 power play goal against in 4 chances and failed to convert on 2 power play attemps. The Caps finish the preseason 9 for 37 (24%) on the power play and killed 36 of 45 (87%) opponent power plays.
- Ovechkin converted his shootout attempt but Nylander and Semin did not. Boston converted on their two attemps to win the shootout 2-1.