Maybe it was nerves or putting to much pressure on themselves but the team looked absolutely out of sync. Lets hope this was a wake up call because if they think the opposition is going to lay down before them, they are in for a long season. A little amnesia would help right now as the team heads home to face Chicago tonight in the home opener.
- Alexander Semin was a bright spot for the Caps scoring the first goal and assisting on two others.
- Mike Green scored two goals on the same power play and assisted on another.
- John Erskine, Donald Brashear, and Matt Bradley each received fighting majors in an unneeded show of aggression in the final minutes.
- Alex Ovechkin was held off the scoreboard and was stopped on a penalty shot early in the third period that would have given the Caps a 5-4 advantage.
- The Caps won 29 of 73 face-offs. Not a good night.
- Chris Clark recorded his 800th career shot on goal.