- Alexander Semin's goal came on the power play. His previous 7 came at even strength. He also set up David Steckel's 2nd shorthanded goal of the season. Semin's 2 points moves him into a tie with Greg Adams for 39th on the Cap's All-Time Points List with 153 points.
- Viktor Kozlov started off the scoring with his 1st goal of the season. Mike Green recorded his 4th assist of the year on the goal.
- The Caps were 1 for 5 on the power play and killed 6 of 7 power plays against. For the season the Cap's power play is 17.4% successful and they kill 78.4% of the opposition power plays.
- With 32 shots on goal the Cap's have put up at least 30 shots in 8 of their first 9 games. They have given up more than 30 shots only 4 times.
- Sergei Fedorov continued to be productive recording an assist on Semin's power play goal along with Nicklas Backstrom. Backstrom has assists in 3 consecutive games.
- Mike Green was quite busy last night. Along with his assist, he blocked 4 shots, had 4 takeaways and 4 giveaways, 1 hit, 4 shots on goal, 2 missed shots, and a plus-1 rating.