- The Capitals out shot the Ducks 32 to 24. It was the 7th consecutive game the Caps have out shot their opponents. The number seems familiar.
- Alex Ovechkin had 6 shots on goal in the game and surpassed the 2,400 mark for his career.
- Brooks Laich recorded his 209th point as a Capital. That ties him with Dino Ciccarelli for 34th All-Time.
- Semyon Varlamov stopped 22 of 24 shots in the loss. He bounced back quite well from the pounding he took in New York. We need to see more efforts like this fom him in the future.
- Niclas Backstrom and John Carlson assisted on the Caps goal.
- The Caps were mostly dominant in the face-off dot. Backstrom 9-2, Laich 6-0, Steckel 12-9 but Mathieu Perrault, not so much 1-9.