- The Caps once again out shot their opponents as they have every game of their 5-game losing skid. Last night is was 42-26. In those games the Caps have averaged 39.6 shot on goal to 28.0. Now they just need to start putting then in the net.
- Alex Ovechkin was throwing his weight around last night with team high 5 hits to go along with his assist, 3 shots on goal, and 3 takeaways.
- Mike Knuble score his 250th career goal. That is good enough for 255th all-time in the NHL.
- The Caps and Avs both went 1-3 on the power play but the 5-minute major was the game changer on the night.
- John Carlson pick up the extra ice time from Mike Green, who was out with the flu, he played 26:01 overall and led the team with 3:39 of shorthanded ice time.
- Nicklas Backstrom, Karl Alzner and Mike Knuble picked up assists for the Capitals.
- Michael Nuevirth took the loss stopping 23 of 26 shots and really deserved better in the game.