- Semyon Varlamov was the games #1 Star and improved his record to 4-1-0 with a 0.939 save percentage and a 1.79 goals against average.
- Nicklas Backstrom had another 3-point night with two goals and an assist. That gives Backstrom 30 points on the season and puts him 6th overall in the NHL. However, he still trails Alex Ovechkin 33 points, 3rd overall and Alexander Semin 31 points, 4th overall for the team lead.
- Ovechkin and Semin both picked up assists in the game. D.J. King picked up his first point as a Capital when he and Tom Poti assisted on Boyd Gordon's game winner. Mike Knuble and John Carlson also picked up assists in the game.
- Washington continued to perform well in the face-off dot. They won 33 of 63 draws and have been at 50% or above for 13 straight games.
- The Capitals killed off all four power play attempts by the Blues and have allowed only 1 power play goal in 16 attempts during this current 4-game winning streak. The Caps converted 1 of 2 power plays against the Blues and in the same 4-game span has gone 4 for 11 with the extra man advantage.
- Jeff Schultz was +1.