- Alex Ovechkin had 1 goal and 2 assists. He moved ahead of Steve Konowalchuk and tied Hall of Famer Larry Murphy for 16th place on the Capitals All-time point scoring list.
- The Caps were 3 for 5 on the power play and killed off 7 of 8 Islander power play attempts.
- Brashear's goal was his 10th as a Capital and 1st game-winner.
- The Caps were credited with a season low 5 hits in the game. They recorded a season high of 47 shots on goal.
- Brent Johnson got the win stopping 27 of 29 shots he faced.
- Karl Alzner and Bryan Helmer each recorded their first points as a member of the Caps. For Alzner it was his first NHL point ever, however, in 5 games he has yet to record a hit.
- Viktor Kozlov and Nicklas Backstrom each scored a goal in the game. Milan Jurcina and Brooks Laich each had 2 assists. Sami Lepisto had an assist.