- Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth kept the game close making some spectacular saves in the third period. In the game he stopped 26 of 30 shots which, unfortunately, wasn't good enough and he took his third consecutive loss.
- Alex Ovechkin was huge in the second period with a goal and an assist. In the series he has 2 goals, 3 points and 14 hits. He will need to come up big to spark his team in Game #4.
- John Carlson scored his first goal of the playoffs and was the only + player on the Caps but the defense was not up to par with the team combining for a total of 8 blocked shots on the night. The Capitals were averaging 20 blocks per game coming in to Game #3.
- Mike Knuble scored his second goal of the playoffs while Jason Chimera, Alexander Semin, Mike Green and Marcus Johansson each had an assist.
- The Caps went 1 for 5 on the power play and killed off all 4 Tampa attempts.