- Scott Hannan was a force on defense again for the Caps. He was a +2 for the game and blocked a game high 6 shots.
- Michal Neuvirth picked up his 19th win of the year by stopping 29 of the 31 shots he faced. The second goal was definitely not his fault as a point shot that looked to be going wide was knocked into the by the Capitals' John Carlson. After the play, Neuvy gave Carlson the evil eye but I think they are friends again.
- The Capitals failed to connect on 2 power play attempts and the penalty killers were a perfect 4 for 4.
- With Nicklas Backstrom having a broken finger the Caps used some different guys to take the draws. David Steckel was a beast in the dot, as usual, winning 10 of the 15 draws he took. Brooks Laich, Jay Beagle and Boyd Gordon were 50% or better and the Caps won 30 of the 57 draws overall.
- John Carlson, Alex Ovechkin, Marcus Johansson, and Brooks Laich each had 1 assist.