- Alex Ovechkin scored the 4th shorthanded goal of his career. It was the 5th game-winner of the season for Ovechkin, who has 29 in his career. He is now tied for the NHL lead in goals with 27 and is second in points with 53. He has 363 career points tying him with Adam Oates for 15th most in Capitals history. Oh yeah, with 9 shots-on-goal for the game he tops the 1,500 shots-on-goal career milestone.
- Mike Green scored his team-leading 8th power play goal of the season. The back door goal was set up by some sweet passing from Viktor Kozlov and Alexander Semin.
- Stopping 21 of 22 shots-on-goal Jose Theodore picked up his 13th win. Don't look now but his GAA and save percentage are getting to be a bit more respectable at 2.98 and .892.
- David Steckel continued to play well and picked up the assist on Ovechkin's goal. It was the first time he and Ovechkin had connected for a score. Steckel has points in 3 consecutive games.
- The Caps victory gives them the best record thru 40 games in franchise history. The Caps are 26-11-3 so far this season.