- Alex Ovechkin scored goals 64 and 65 on the year. He set an NHL record for most goals in a season by a left wing. He also passed Kelly Miller and is now 10th on the Capitals All-Time goal scoring list. He also recored his 22nd power play goal of the year tying Peter Bondra's Capitals season record and got his 11th game-winning goal of the year.
- The Caps out shot the Lightning 40-19 and out drew them in face-offs 33-21.
- Mike Green and Viktor Kozlov had two assists each. Matt Bradley, Nicklas Backstrom, Matt Cooke and Sergei Fedorov each had one assist.
- Cristobal Huet stopped 18 of 19 shots in his 7th consecutive victory. Since coming to the Caps, Huet is 10-2-0 with a 1.69 GAA and a 0.934 save percentage.
- The Caps have won 6 straight games and 10 of their last 11. They have one more game on Saturday against the Florida Panthers. If the Boston vs. Ottawa game finishes in regulation tonight then the Caps will make the playoffs with a victory over Florida.